How to Join LaSQC
that are interested in participating in the LaSQC Surgical Checklist
Safety Initiative should complete a Facility Participant
Agreement/Commitment Letter. You will immediately join a growing network
of community and academic hospitals—large and small, rural and
urban—committed to improving healthcare quality and value. Because of
generous contributions by Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana (BCBSLA)
and the LHA Research and Education Foundation (LHAREF), the cost of
participation will be very reasonable. Contact Angela Lockhart when your hospital is ready to sign a letter of commitment and for fee details. If you are not ready to move forward with a signed agreement but would like to learn more about the collaborative, contact Dr. Floyd “Flip” Roberts.
Hospital/Facility Participant Benefits
available resources, funds and data from data providers, which shall be
determined in the sole discretion of the LAPS PSO; LaSQC will offer both
hospital participants and their affiliated clinicians and staff a wide
range of opportunities for education, innovation and general quality
improvement. Activities include the following:
- Updates on the latest evidence-based practices, as well as support and resources for implementing these best practices;
- In-person meetings: Oct. 3, 2019 Project Launch Workshop and an October 2020 event to celebrate successes;
- Site visits to assist with implementation of evidenced-based practices as resources permit.
- Educational opportunities via webinar, in-person meetings and coaching calls during the course of the project; and
- Data support (including for collection and analysis) and feedback.