WHO SHOULD ATTEND - CFOs, revenue cycle management staff, billing staff, chargemaster maintenance staff, coding staff, perioperative services directors, HIM staff, directors of patient financial services, pharmacy directors, supply chain managers, purchasing managers, ancillary department staff, OR staff, materials management staff, nurse auditors and compliance auditors.
This program will focus on updating your chargemaster for 2020 and the new reporting requirements. The presenter will cover chargemaster opportunities to keep you “in the know” for current procedural terminology (CPT) and the healthcare common procedure coding system (HCPCS) coding revisions. As in previous years, subject matter experts anticipate that every ancillary department of the facility’s chargemaster will be impacted by the new coding changes. Discussion during this program will focus on required revisions, as well as strategies for department staff education. This is an all-day program focusing on successful implementation of the 2020 code changes and important insight from the OPPS Final Rule. Do not forget to bring your 2020 CPT code book!
Upon completion of the program, participants will be able to:
- Incorporate 2020 codes to an individual facility’s chargemaster;
- Describe reporting scenarios for reporting new CPT codes;
- Identify impact of new reimbursement levels for APC payments;
- Be prepared for the HCPCS code revisions, changes and additions beginning January 1, 2020;
- Understand the impact of status indicator changes for 2020;
- Understand packaging concepts impacting Medicare APC payments;
- Understand the 2020 coding changes for drugs, radiopharmaceuticals and contrast and the impact on reimbursement;
- Be prepared to improve new product implementation processes;
- Understand the importance of correctly billing add-on IPPS payments for new technology devices;
- Be prepared to provide departmental-specific guidance in the proper reporting and utilization of the new codes;
- Understand CMS instructions regarding accurate units of service;
- Explain the importance of accurate revenue code assignment;
- Be knowledgeable of the impact of accurate and complete reporting of supply/device costs and future payments; and
- Be knowledgeable of payment for new drugs not yet assigned a specific drug HCPCS code, and understand the risk of billing non-formulary drug charges.
MEET YOUR FACULTY: Glenda J. Schuler, RHIT, CPC, COC, AHIMA-Approved ICD-10-CM/PCS Trainer, VP of Revenue Cycle Solutions for HealthCare Consulting Solutions
Glenda brings an extensive background in chargemaster, billing, operations, ICD-10-CM/PCS, DRG coding and hospital CPT-4 coding, and has over 35 years of healthcare industry experience and expertise in all areas of health information, medical records, utilization review, patient access and business services. Additionally, she is an expert in third party reimbursement, electronic submission of claims, billing and collections, and revenue cycle solutions.
7:30 a.m. - 8:00 a.m. Registration
8:00 a.m. - 8:15 a.m. Welcome by LHA
8:15 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. Introduction to 2020 Coding and APC Updates
Review Changes for Supplies, Devices, Biologicals and Pharmaceuticals
New Updates Impacting Chargemaster
10:00 a.m. - 10:15 a.m. Break
10:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. New Updates Impacting Chargemaster
Infusions and Injections – Anything New?
Wound Therapy and Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
12:00 p.m. - 12:45 p.m. Lunch (Provided)
12:45 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Transitioning of More Surgical CPT Codes from Inpatient Only
Pulmonary Rehabilitation /Intensive Cardiac Rehabilitation
2:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. Break
2:15 p.m. - 3:00 p.m. Evaluation and Management Codes
Questions, Answers and Conclusion
Log in online to register. VISA, Master Card, Discover or American Express are accepted. Email confirmations will be sent to all registrants who list an accurate email address.
Cancellations received in writing up to one week prior to a scheduled event will be charged a cancellation fee of $40 (per person, per event). Registrants who are unable to attend an LHA educational event are permitted to, and encouraged to send a substitute without incurring a cancellation fee. Please send written notice of any substitutions prior to the scheduled event. Cancellations received less than one week prior to the scheduled event, or individuals who fail to attend will result in a non-refundable registration fee.
Transfer requests must be in writing and received one week prior to the event to receive a credit to use at a later date. A $40 transfer fee will be charged. The LHA will hold your credit for a period of one year following the start date of the program for which you were originally registered. Transfer requests received less than one week prior to event will result in a non-refundable registration fee.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
The LHA will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for physically-challenged attendees who require special services. When registering, please attach a written description of needs to the application.